Good Morning and Happy Saturday! I am SO excited to be writing you from the new (and continuing to be improved) graciousgracie! If you are anything like me mornings aren’t necessarily filled with a whole lot of time during the week & we all know that a lack of time (and planning) leads to us making decisions based upon convenience. For me, I try my absolute hardest to not allow what I nourish my body with to be a decision of convenience, but rather of thorough thought, because after all, my body really is the only place that I have to live. Having said that, I realized that the part of my day that was most affected by “convenience” was the morning– and I decided that I was going to change that. So, I bring to you- Homemade Vegan To Go Breakfast Bars, and might I mention, they are PACKED with protein so they are absolutely going to keep you satisfied until lunch.
- 2 Cups Organic Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 1/4 Cup Chopped Mixed Nuts & Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Dried Fruit (do you here– don’t like cranberries? Do blueberries!)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Agave Nectar
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter, Peanut Butter, etc
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar (if your grocery doeskin carry this, opt for organic brown sugar)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
** Makes about 10 bars, if it’s only you eating these I would recommend cutting this recipe in half so that your bars don’t go to waste.
- Preheat your oven to 350 & grab a baking dish, then fill the inside with parchment paper so that you can easily remove the bars once they’re cooked (this will save you a whole lot of time and headache)
- Heat a pan and toss in the oats & quinoa (roughly 3 min until they smell toasted)
- In a small pan, throw together the agave nectar, nut butter, coconut oil, sugar and vanilla and warm until everything is melted. Once melted, remove from heat and pour over the dry mix (of oats & quinoa) until everything is coated very well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish (that you have lined with parchment paper- trust me here!) and press it down with a spoon, spatula, etc until everything is level in the pan.
- Throw this wonderful concoction into the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove and let the pan cool to room temp, then throw into the fridge– once it is nice and cold and the bars have “settled” remove the pan and cut into bars! I gave mine about 2 hours, just to be sure.
- Once you have cut the bars throw them into a Tupperware, or individual baggies & put them back into the fridge– I found that they keep best in the fridge, but this is up to you. On your way out, be sure to grab one or two to keep on hand for when hunger strikes or to share with a coworker!
I hope that these little gems make your mornings a bit easier & more delicious!