Whether you will be spending Valentine’s day with your significant other, best friends or on your own, everybody loves chocolate covered strawberries…so, why wait for someone else to (possibly) give them to you when you can just make them for yourself!? I wish that I could say that I only enjoy these on Valentine’s day, but that would be lying and I am not going to do that to you. The truth is, these are a regular in our house. They are TOO easy, and so delicious & in my mind– a healthy dessert (fruit,ha).
Ingredients (makes about 10-12)
- 1.5 cups Semi- Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Coconut/Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Wash the strawberries really well, dry them thoroughly, and set them aside
- On the stove, add the chocolate chips, coconut milk & oil to sauce pan over LOW heat
- Be patient while continually stirring the chocolate– it is crucial to keep the heat low, so that the chocolate has a chance to melt without burning
- Once the chocolate has melted into a smooth consistency, remove it from the heat, grab the strawberries (pretzels, whatever the heck else you want to cover in chocolate) and dip away
- Once you have dipped and fully covered the strawberries in chocolate, place in the fridge for at least 30 min so that the chocolate can harden
- Eat them ALL and enjoy!
love yourself in all of the ways that you want someone else to love you,